Director of Management and Administration
Director of Human Resources
Director of Program Operations
Director of Energy Services
Director of Planning and Development
Tioga Opportunities, Inc.
The Department of Community Development:
- Helps people of all ages learn about using viable transportation options to improve their mobility and seek employment
- Assists older adults and individuals with disabilities maintain independence with access to available transportation options
- Helps individuals and families gain assets and move towards self-sufficiency by building credit with a loan for the purchase of home appliances
- Works at developing community-wide initiatives that will improve the overall quality of life for all Tioga County residents.
The Department of Energy Services strives to:
- Lower a household’s energy burden by reducing the percentage of annual income spent on fuel and electricity through energy efficiencies
- Enhance the health and safety of a household by improving indoor air quality and providing protection from fire and carbon monoxide
- Manage the risk of high radon levels through testing and mitigation.
The Department of Family Services strives to:
- Improve the physical and nutritional health and well-being of babies, youth, families, and older adults
- Help older adults remain independent in the community for as long as possible
- Provide a range of opportunities for socialization
- Educate the community about long term services and supports, health insurance options, healthy lifestyles, breastfeeding, and community resources
- Enhance the financial well-being of our customers.
The Department of Housing Services helps Tioga County residents obtain and maintain safe, affordable housing with:
• Apartments that are owned and managed by TOI
• Homeowner housing rehabilitation assistance
• Section 8 rental subsidies
Homeownership is encouraged in discussions with customers about their relationship with money, credit and debt basics, personal spending, planned savings, investing, and asset acquisition.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Come join in the festivities on Tuesday, December 20th from 12:45PM to 2:00 PM at the Countryside Community Center, 9 Sheldon Guile Blvd, Owego, when Tioga Opportunities, Inc. offers a “Winter Wonderland” social hour to the...
Holiday Closure Notice Our offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday, November 23rd, closing at 3pm, Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th. We will reopen on Monday, November 28th. From all of us at Tioga Opportunities, Inc., we wish...
It’s Wellness Wednesday and this month’s topic focuses on ways to stay healthy this winter. Flu season has arrived and there are many ways that you can help reduce your risk of getting sick. The article below from AARP provides insight on the most common questions...