Director of Finance
Director of Human Resources
Director of Energy Services
Director of Family Services
Director of Housing Services
Tioga Opportunities, Inc.
The Department of Community Development:
- Helps people of all ages learn about using viable transportation options to improve their mobility and seek employment
- Assists older adults and individuals with disabilities maintain independence with access to available transportation options
- Helps individuals and families gain assets and move towards self-sufficiency by building credit with a loan for the purchase of home appliances
- Works at developing community-wide initiatives that will improve the overall quality of life for all Tioga County residents.
The Department of Energy Services strives to:
- Lower a household’s energy burden by reducing the percentage of annual income spent on fuel and electricity through energy efficiencies
- Enhance the health and safety of a household by improving indoor air quality and providing protection from fire and carbon monoxide
- Manage the risk of high radon levels through testing and mitigation.
The Department of Family Services strives to:
- Improve the physical and nutritional health and well-being of babies, youth, families, and older adults
- Help older adults remain independent in the community for as long as possible
- Provide a range of opportunities for socialization
- Educate the community about long term services and supports, health insurance options, healthy lifestyles, breastfeeding, and community resources
- Enhance the financial well-being of our customers.
The Department of Housing Services helps Tioga County residents obtain and maintain safe, affordable housing with:
• Apartments that are owned and managed by TOI
• Homeowner housing rehabilitation assistance
• Section 8 rental subsidies
Homeownership is encouraged in discussions with customers about their relationship with money, credit and debt basics, personal spending, planned savings, investing, and asset acquisition.
Do you have questions about Medicare? Are you having difficulty with the cost of your Medicare health care and prescription drug coverage? Different people need different plans. There are programs available to help with these costs, if you qualify. If your monthly...
Frequently Asked Questions:Absentee Ballots in New York State for the 2020 ElectionCan I vote by absentee ballot in New York in 2020?If you’re a registered voter, yes, you can. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, New York State has expandedeligibility in 2020 and 2021. A...
Due to the alarming increase in positive COVID-19 cases in Tioga County, and in an attempt to keep staff and customers safe, Tioga Opportunities, Inc. will close all offices through Columbus Day, Monday, October 12th and will re-open on Tuesday, October 13th. Grab...