The U.S. Postal Service has begun taking orders for free at-home coronavirus test kits. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free and orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
You can place your order by completing the online form at https://www.covidtests.gov/.
About the at-home COVID-19 tests:
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
For more information on COVID-19 vaccinations, guidelines, and testing, visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home