TOI has released its 2023 Community Assessment. Information-based strategic plans have been a foundation of the Community Action approach since the program’s earliest days. As a CAA, Tioga Opportunities, Inc. is legislatively mandated to identify community needs (as they relate to the elimination of poverty) and resources, and then create strategies that use new or existing resources to address those needs. A Community Needs Assessment is conducted to gather this information.
The Assessment provides an opportunity for TOI to:
- Understand emerging and existing needs and service gaps of economically insecure residents of the Tioga County service area
- Educate the community and its leaders about the needs and service gaps
- Determine the CAA’s role in meeting some of those needs and in lowering current and future barriers to community residents’ economic security
- Identify partnerships in the community that can help fulfill the CAA mission and address identified gaps
- Demonstrate to the community that the CAA has strategically chosen the most important issues to address, alone or with partners, and is using its resources most effectively
This document is unique within Tioga County and New York State in that it offers a focus on local conditions, emerging needs, analyzing the economic opportunities and barriers for all residents who are at risk of remaining or becoming economically insecure. It also identifies existing and potential resources to expand opportunities and prepares the TOI leadership team to plan a multi-year strategy. You can view and download the full report below